Letter of Demand in terms of Section 129 of the National Credit Act

If your debtor has defaulted, you will need to send a formal demand (or appoint an attorney to do so). It is recommended – generally – that the demand is framed in terms of section 129 of the National Credit Act, 2008. Please also remember that if you intend to institute action if payment isn’t received the letter should also be sent by registered post.